Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Why Soggy?

Why "Soggy Inspiration," you ask? Because "Soggy Delights," my first idea, sounded like something from a Prairie Home Companion quasi-commercial, that's why. ("Soggy Delights -- the remarkably honest cereal! Because your breakfast will taste better with lower expectations.")

Truly, it's because a small handful of the thoughts that fly through my mind each day seem to ring of something real, something that matters. Fleeting markers of vivid moments, they cause me to smile, or burst out laughing, or sink to the floor and cry out in prayer. And I am compelled -inspired- to find the words.

Thus far, however, I have failed to develop the discipline of instantly recording these words, leaving them instead to marinate in my milky brain with everything else. By the time I finally pause, usually just before I hit the pillow, what earlier passed for inspiration is now a shapeless, drippy mess.

Blegh.

Hence, the name. In this blog, I'm seeking to decrease the soggy quotient in my life. Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment