Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Reading: Books I Hope to Finish

I'm plowing through my literature assignments, but I have other books I'm crawling my way through, hoping to give them decent attention throughout the summer. Heart-related books, the kind you have to chew (no snarfing allowed). A feast, just in these three:




Give Them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson. Need to give this one its own blog post soon. It is transforming the way I see the gospel, which is transforming the way I see lots of other things. You want to read this.




How People Grow by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. I've been working on this one for a couple of years. Bottom line: how all growth is spiritual growth. Good stuff. 




Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I never quite feel ready to engage with this book at the level I think it deserves, so I'll read a few pages and put it down. It's a dangerous message, and I don't dare zip through it without letting the Holy Spirit talk to me about it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment